Our Facility and Swimming Pool
Our Bound Brook location is the main hub for the Little Dolphins Swim Academy. With expanded class schedules throughout the week and on weekends, we’ll be sure to accommodate your schedule, and you’ll be excited to see everything our facility offers!
Pool Tour LDSA – Bound Brook
Posted by Little Dolphins Swim Academy on Saturday, October 24, 2015
Pool and Facility Features
- Water temperature is 87 degrees or higher
- Classes offered 7 days a week
- Baby & Me and Toddler & Me classes
- Goldfish classes for 2-year-olds without a parent in the water
- In water steps and an “in water bench” along the length of the pool to sit, hold, or rest
- UV system to improve water quality
- State of the art ventilation system in the pool room
- Air conditioning observation area for parents 7 feet from water’s edge
- Swim shop with goggles, caps, and suits
Our facility in Bound Brook includes an ultraviolet water purification system to keep the water clean and pure. Ultraviolet light creates a 254 nm wavelength of light that can penetrate the cell membranes of dangerous microorganisms, water-borne bacteria, and parasites like cryptosporidium, which can cause gastrointestinal illness and whose eggs can’t be killed by chlorine alone. When water is pumped through our UV system, ultraviolet light rays enter even the hardiest microbes and parasite eggs and change their molecular structure, preventing them from multiplying or hatching, and causing them to die. At the same time, automatic monitoring is continually ongoing, and chemicals are automatically added as needed to adjust PH and chlorine levels.
Thanks to our advanced UV water purification, our pools require much less chlorine, reducing the amount of chemical residue and toxic by-products in the water. These by-products can cause respiratory problems and eye and skin irritation, as well as that “chlorine smell” most people encounter at indoor swimming pools. UV water purification destroys these pollutants, making our pool water and environment safer and more pleasant for swimmers.