Frequently Asked Questions
When can I register?
At any time, there is space in classes. Summer Blitz Classes can be registered beginning April 1.
When am I charged my tuition?
As soon as you register.
For monthly students, you’re charged automatically on the first of the month. For Summer Blitz students, you’re charged tuition for each week when you register.
What if I register in the middle of the month?
We will prorate the month you register for and then bill your credit card on the first of each month. For example, you enroll on February 15, you will immediately be billed for one half of the month of February and your last month. As soon as you register, your class space is reserved for you to begin immediately.
Why do you bill a Last Month Deposit (for all but Summer Blitz)?
It provides each family with flexible end dates, and it provides us time to plan class adjustments. If we did not have a deposit, on the first of each month, we would never know who was going to attend the next month.
What if I just want to enroll in one month of lessons?
Why not have sessions?
How long does it take to complete a LEVEL in each step of LDSA?
After the Baby/Toddler & Me Classes, each LEVEL requires 10 skills to be mastered. The average student will need 4-6 classes per skill. But each individual progresses at their own rate, and starts at their individual stage. Fear can require many classes to overcome before progress in mastering the 10 steps takes place. (The parent’s patience in allowing their child to work through this is paramount to success.
Do you offer make-ups for missed swim lessons?
When you register for a class, you are paying for that slot in a small class, not your attendance. The consistency of attending your scheduled class is one of the keys to making our program a success for your child. However, every family has conflicts, and every child will miss occasionally because of illness. We want to balance helping your child attend a class as consistently as possible, keeping our classes small, our monthly tuition low and respect the enormous amount of staff time necessary to schedule make-ups.
We place a high priority on maintaining our small class size. Each student will be permitted to “drop in” for an additional class or take one “make-up” class each month for a fee of $10. If your child is ill and you bring or email a doctor’s note with a make-up request, we will waive the $10 fee with a doctor’s note. If you bring it to the class, we will credit your account $10.
(As of 3/13/20 due to COVID-19, if your child is sick but doesn’t need to see a doctor, you don’t need a doctor’s note. A parent’s note is sufficient.)
Our procedures for dropping in or making up a class are as follows:
- Only one per month per student (total, not of each).
- Complete form online within seven days of the requested time slot.
- Look for a class with openings (preferably two or more).
- The $10 fee will be billed to your account when we confirm your reservation. (If you submit a coupon at the time of the class we will credit back the fee to your account).
- We will not make up a make-up or a drop-in reservation.
- Make-ups cannot be transferred to other students.
- Make-up and drop-ins are not accumulated into a future month.
- A credit will not be issued for missed classes, unless we cancel a class due to an emergency (generally, a weather or pool problem).
How to use Makeup Token in PARENT PORTAL
- Parent logs in
- Click “Makeup Token”
- Click on the dropdown bar to reveal if there is a token to use
- If there is a token, press “Request”
- This brings you to a class schedule.
- Choose the day for the makeup and the level.
- Click “Request” next to the class to attend a makeup
- To submit the makeup request, click confirm.
- The makeup enrollment will then be approved by staff.
What happens during inclement weather?
Emergency Closing Policy
We make every effort to maintain normal business hours during inclement weather or any emergency. However, in the event of an emergency such as severe weather, please check your email or text messages for the latest announcements. In the event of snow, please note the parking signs around LDSA in which some streets are fine for parking, while others note that parking is not allowed for plowing.
On the rare occasion that we are unable to remain open, we will contact you through email or texting, which you can authorize in your family account. Please be sure all appropriate contact is activated through your family account (i.e., you can add email addresses, text messages, etc.).
Generally, we will contact you no later than 8:00 am for morning classes (and often the night before) or by noon for afternoon or evening classes.
In the event that we are unable to remain open, we will issue a complimentary Makeup credit that you can use at your convenience through the normal makeup submission form.